Grand Cru 50.4 BCD Crankset
Classic 50.4 BCD cranks, like the TA, Stronglight 49D, and others, are still sought after by randonneurs and cyclo-tourists. These cranks offer tremendous versatility (chain rings from 28t to 62t fit). They are also light and have narrow Q-factors, or tread.
While the new Grand Cru 50.4 Crank looks like the classics, we have made several important improvements. They are cold forged 7075 aluminum alloy. The rings are thicker so they don't flex as on classic cranks. The crankarm taper and all threading is common sizes (fits square taper BBs) - no need for special tools and BBs. The rings have modern shifting aids such as ramps and pins, so shifting performance is much improved.
Here are the highlights:
- Cold forged.
- 46/30 rings which offer the range of a triple with less shifting and lower weight.
- More room between outer ring and crank arm for easier front derailleur setup.
- Thicker chain rings for less flex than TA or other classic cranks.
- 7075 alloy CNC cut rings for super durability.
- Shifting pins on chain rings for faster shifts compared to classic rings.
- 5-10 speed compatible.
- All-stainless hardware. All bolts/nuts are Allen head
- Standard extractor/dust cap thread, standard 9/16" pedal threads.
- High polish finish.
- Aluminum machined dust caps included. BB bolts included.
- Shifts well with double or triple front derailleurs
About bottom brackets: Most road frames use a 118mm BB. Bikes with 135mm spacing and room for big tires may need a 122 BB.
Available in 165mm, 170mm, and 175mm lengths.