Campeur Build Kit
The build kit for the Campeur includes:
- Campeur frame and fork
- Grand Cru Long Setback Seat Post in Silver Polished or Noir finish
- Tektro Cantilever Brakeset
- Front brake cable hanger
- Grand Cru Sealed Bearing Headset in Silver or Mirror finish
We can also prepare the headtube and press the headset cups in for a reasonable labor charge (option below).
Any other components ordered by retail customers at the same time are 10% off.
Frame geometry can be found here.
Here are some of the highlights and specs of the frameset:
- 4130 double butted chrome-moly frame and fork.
- 1" fork with lovely French-style bend. Uses a traditional quill stem (or adapter and threadless-style stem)
- 700c wheel size.
- 135mm rear spacing.
- Clearance for 38mm tires with fenders.
- Canti brake bosses. Seatstay cable stop with adjuster.
- Vertical dropouts with double eyelets front and rear.
- Fender bosses under fork crown, at seat stay bridge, and at chainstay bridge for easy fender mounting.
- Three water bottle cage mounts.
- Lowrider through bosses and seatstay rack eyelets.
- Pump peg (on size 57-61cm). Rear dropouts on 51-55cm are designed slightly differently, but still have 2 eyelets.
- Kickstand plate, because touring bikes should stand up.
- Metal head badge.
Note: this is an oversized item, so for orders to the contiguous US an additional $25.00 shipping charge will be added. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, military addresses, and overseas will be quoted separately.