Grand Cru Cantilever Brake Set, MK3
The MK3 versions of our Grand Cru brakes are significantly more powerful than previous versions. This is due to longer arms for increased mechanical advantage. But just as important is their excellent adjustability. We've added spring tension adjustment for easier centering. They still use a double plate design for superior "mud-clearing" for those of you who ride dirt roads or Cyclo-cross.
Among the features:
- Longer arms for more stopping power.
- Traditional wide-profile design
- Spring tension adjusters on each arm for easy centering.
- Up and down adjustment in the brake pad slot resulting in greater frame and fork compatibility; not all canti studs are in exactly the same place on every bike due to manufacturing tolerances or intended specification.
- An adjusting mechanism at the end of the straddle wire easier setup and fine tuning for perfect clearence and wire angle. You'll wonder why all canti brakes don't have these adjusters.
- Brake pads have adjustable toe-in, offering superior stopping power over most OEM pads.
- The pivot bolts and washers are stainless steel for long term corrosion resistance.
Price is for two sets, or a bike's worth. Including straddle hangers, mounting bolts and cable end caps.