Polyvalent MK III Build Kit
The build kit for the Polyvalent includes:
- Polyvalent frame set
- Grand Cru Long Setback Seat Post in Silver Polished or Noir finish
- Tektro 720 Cantilever Brakes
- Cable hanger
- Grand Cru Sealed Bearing Headset in Silver or Mirror finish
We can also prepare the headtube and press the headset cups in for a reasonable labor charge (option below).
- The paint is an elegant metallic blue.
- Wheel size is 650b, which we feel is really the best choice for a comfortable ride on bumpy city streets or rough country roads. Maximum tire size with fenders is around 44mm and around 55mm without, but the frame handles best with a tire around 38mm wide.
- The rear dropouts are short horizontal dropouts to allow internal hubs and single speed wheels to be used without the need for a chain tensioner. Longer dropouts would make wheel removal difficult on a fendered bike. Rear spacing is 132.5mm, so both 130mm and 135mm rear hubs fit.
- There is a kickstand plate. A Spring Thing can be fitted between the kickstand plate and the front of the rear fender. This allows the fender to flex forward for wheel removal, while maintaining proper fenderline.
- There are shifter bosses on the down tube.
- There are three water bottle mounts.
- The tubing is all 4130 double butted chromoly. This makes for a light frame and a supple and comfortable ride.
- The tubes are TIG welded.
- The rear brake cable housing is uninterrupted. You can sit on the top tube at the cafe without fear of bare cable marring the paint, or your office pants. The cable is not run under the top tube so as not to dig into your shoulder when you carry the bike up the steps to your apartment. There is an integrated rear brake hanger.
- Includes frame and 1" threaded fork.
- The Polyvalent frame takes a 27.2mm seatpost and 28.6mm front derailleur clamp.
Any other components ordered by retail customers at the same time are 10% off.
Frame specs can be found here.
Note: this is an oversized item, so for orders to the contiguous US an additional $25.00 shipping charge will be added. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, military addresses, and overseas will be quoted separately.