VO Campeur Frameset
The Campeur, as the name suggests, is a touring frame for paved, or unpaved, roads. It can carry a substantial load for long unsupported trips, yet handles beautifully even with no load. In fact it makes a nice gravel racer.
Here are some of the highlights and specs:
- 4130 double butted chrome-molly frame and fork
- 1" fork with lovely French-style bend. Uses a traditional quill stem (or adapter and threadless-style stem)
- 700c wheel size.
- Clearance for 38mm tires with fenders.
- Canti brake bosses. Seatstay cable stop with adjuster.
- Vertical dropouts with double eyelets front and rear.
- Fender bosses under fork crown, at seat stay bridge, and at chain stay bridge for easy fender mounting.
- Three water bottle cage mounts.
- Lowrider through bosses and seat stay rack eyelets.
- Pump peg (on size 57-61cm).
- Kickstand plate, because touring bikes should stand up.
- Metal head badge.
A nice "after 1500 miles" customer review can be found here.
Includes frame and 1" threaded fork. Headset not included.
Here is what you, or your mechanic, need to know when building up the frame: The headset is 1" threaded (ISO), canti brakes, BB is standard ISO (or British) with a spindle length to match your choice of crank, 27.2mm seat post, it takes a 28.6mm clamp size front derailleur, 135mm rear spacing, 50-52mm fenders with 35-38mm tires.
Any components ordered by retail customers at the same time as the frame will be discounted by 10%; this reduction will be made when we process your order and will appear on your final shipping confirmation/invoice.
Note: this is an oversized item, so for orders to the contiguous US an additional $25.00 shipping charge will be added. Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, military addresses, and overseas will be quoted separately. Due to size restrictions, we can't frames to certain countries (at least not at reasonable cost).